Thursday, March 31, 2011
More Hurdles!
Just when you think that things might start to get better something else happens. Turns out that dad's cough is in fact pneumonia!! He spiked a fever last night and was almost hospitalized. He is now being treated for his pneumonia which will hopefully ease the cough which is causing so much pain. The other bad thing is that the back doctor can not see him until the 25th of April. This means 25 more days of agonizing pain. He said to his nurse the other day, "I just want this to be over," and she replied, "It will never be over." Even after all the transplants are over he will still have to be on what they call "maintenance treatment" for a few years. If they could just fix his back so that the pain was at least bearable. . .
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Love you Doug. I was wondering if you would like to listen to some books on cd. Maybe that would help take your mind off the pain some. Kistie call me and let me know and I will get some gathered up for you. Lots of love to you.
ReplyDeleteI guess if you don't know who freda is it is Debbie I was to worried aboub getting the thing to post it just hit me. love you so much take care. So think about the books.
ReplyDeleteNorm and I would love to come and see you. Are you up to visitors? What about Conference talks? Would you like to listen to some of them? I will call you Kristie.
ReplyDeleteI so wish there was something we could do, to take some of the pain away. To help you find comfort. Doug, you are precious to many. We love you, and your sweet companion. We are here, praying for you both, and wishing there was more that we could do for you.
Doug, hang in there...I know it will get better for you soon...I am glad to hear that the cancer numbers are going down....keep fighting Doug. You have so many people that are counting on you and praying for you..we love you!!!
ReplyDelete