Monday, March 21, 2011

Slowly. . .

Dad's engrafting is going very slowly, his numbers came up a little more today and they now say he is engrafting but his numbers have to hit a certain point before they will say his cells have finally engrafted.  Dad has not eaten hardly anything for ten days, he has a cold virus (they call it CMV), and a virus in his lungs which is causing him to cough a lot which hurts him everywhere and his electrolytes are all over the place.  Because of all these things today they decided to admit him in to the hospital so that they could tube feed him and keep their eye on everything else until his cells engraft.  This may take a few days but dad decided that this would be for the best because his body is so weak that he can hardly even get out of bed.  So dad will be in the hospital for the next few nights and maybe mom can get some much needed rest.  Dad does not want any visitors because he is so miserable.  Please send your love through the blog.  Mom and dad do read the blog almost everyday.  Hopefully things will start to turn around this week and they can be home to their own house by the weekend!  

2 comments:

  1. Doug, I love you! I miss seeing your smiling face everyday. We pray for you multiple times a days, and for you too Kristy! I hope that you will regain some strength soon. Sending lots of huge smiles and sunshine!!
    Love you both Kristin

    Ethan-
    to doug, i hope you get better soon and can start eating thats not fun.
    to kristy- its ok i love you! love ethan

    ReplyDelete
  2. We are thinking of you two constantly!!!! Praying daily. There is the feeling of family in our relationship that I have felt since we first met when we moved up here. Of course Dell knew you before I did and had always felt partial to you. You two are a great example to all of us in your loving, helping, caring, best friend marriage. I remember when Kristy was RS President and Doug would always be right there to set up, clear up or whatever. I commented to Dell that Kristy had the best committee to help her, namely Doug. To us our friendship with you has always felt more like family. We Love you very much!!!! I am looking forward to my airplane ride :) With all our Love Vicki and Dell

    ReplyDelete