Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Day by Day

The recovery is not progressing very fast and dad is still in a lot of pain.  We all wish that there was something we could do to take away some of his suffering.  He has not been doing very well emotionally the past few days, but what can we expect.  On a lighter note though, we just got news that his cancer numbers are down to 5, the last time they checked they were at 192, so this is exciting news.  His numbers have to be under 2.5 to be considered in remission, so we are almost there.  Dad has been having excruciating pain in his back and there are 4 possible 5 more broken vertebrae.  The doctor is very concerned about the pain he is having and he still has a lingering cough, which causes pain everywhere when he coughs.  They are not going to continue his maintenance treatment until they can get these two things under control.  This means that they are going to spend the next two weeks helping him get better, with a another possible back surgery, and then schedule the second transplant for six to eight weeks out from there.  If anyone has any ideas on how to help lift his spirits please do not hesitate!!

3 comments:

  1. Please know that you're in our prayers. We pray that the pain will subside and you can begin healing soon. We sure miss you!

    Love,
    Mike and Becky

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have been wanting to come visit but tis the season and between us all we've been sick. So, sending you much love from us all! We pray for you daily! You will never know how much of an impact you have had on my life. You are an amazing person and if anyone can get through this, its you! I miss seeing you all and we will try to visit when we are all well. In the meantime, stay strong and know that our Heavenly Father is aware of you and your trials.
    Love you!
    Shelly

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dearest Doug and Kristie,

    I wish so much that there was something that we could all do to help you get through this. We love you both so much and hope and pray that things will improve very soon. Tomorrow is our shift at the temple and I will certainly put your names on the roll. I cannot say that I can imagine how you feel cause I can't. All I can say is that you are loved by all that know you and that we are here with you as much as we can be.

    I was looking for something I could stitch for some members of our ward that are going on a mission and found this quote. "When life is not a bed of roses, remember who wore the thorns." I have been praying for a long time, about some personal things, and I have felt our Heavenly Fathers hand on my shoulder. I wish that for you. What a comfort He is, and how very much He loves us. I know that you know that.

    You are awesome. I love you both.

    ReplyDelete