Thank you so much to all those who came out to help with the house today. It was greatly appreciated! We were so grateful to have so many people help out.
Dad is showing the first signs of engrafting. It took a little longer than he would have liked. In the past couple of days he has had a fever, developed a bad cough (which is hurting his ribs each time he coughs), is having a hard time breathing and has developed a rash. The doctors have decided that he has what is like RSV in babies which could lead to pneumonia. He is being treated for this and hopefully will start to feel better. It has been a rough couple of days for both mom and dad. He has felt so miserable that he has not wanted to really talk to anyone or have any visitors. His blood count is not quite up high enough to say that his cells have engrafted but they are on their way up. Because of the intensity of this treatment it will take his body 6-8 weeks to recover, so his next treatment will not take place until the end of May or the first of June. We will let you know when he will be up for visitors again. Hopefully mom and dad will be able to come home some time next week. Thank you again for all your help with the house and all you have done for our family.
Doug; I can't even imagine what & how you must feel at times, all I know is that I just feel for you, hang in there, be tuff, if I knew where you were at, and if you could stand visitors I'd love to come and BS or whatever, but Ill wait till you can stand it, our prayers are with U ALL LOVE U GUYS RUSS & ANGIE
ReplyDelete