Sunday, April 10, 2011

Looking Up

Things are starting to get better!  Dad is feeling so much better!  His appetite has started coming back, he can move around better and he is even joking around like his usual self.  He looks better than I have seen him in a long time.  They are treating his engraftment syndrome with a steroid and they are also treating him for some type of hepatitis in his stomach.  One of the tests came back positive for a yeast infection so they are treating him for this as well but they were not positive about the yeast infection yet.  It seems to be working and if things keep getting better he will be able to come home tomorrow or the next day.  His attitude about the hospital has changed dramatically since the first time he was admitted.  He is now more than willing to stay until it is safe for him to go home because he is so tired of feeling sick.  If you are thinking about visiting him in the hospital tomorrow just call mom before you go to find out if he will be going home. 

2 comments:

  1. Wonderful news!!! I think you all needed that!!! How nice to hear! I look forward to visiting you!!!! I always check this blog before I go to bed and what a perfect way to end the Sabbath!!!! I am so happy. He really does hear our prayers and there are so many that are praying for you all. I love you!!! Will see you at home!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so glad to hear that you are feeling better. I hope that the prayers are helping. I know there are a lot of people out there praying for you. You are so blessed to have so many people hear just praying all the time. I love you and hope that you will beable to get some relief from your pain. Love Debbie

    ReplyDelete