Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Request from Mom and Family

Just as a quick update.  Dad went to the hospital today to get a shot of Neulasta to help his body produce white blood cells to help fight off infections.  When he got there he was not feeling good and the nurse that met them at the door knew instantly that he was not feeling good.  She rushed him back and everybody swarmed him asking him how they could help.  Mom and dad say that the help up there at the Huntsman Institute is amazing and they will bend over backwards to help anyone.  Is it very relieving to know that he is in good hands and they only want to help him out.  We want to thank the staff for loving and caring for our dad like they are.  He is feeling better now.

Now for our request.  We are going to be dedicating this fast sunday to dad and we would like to ask anyone who is capable and wants to, to join us this sunday. 

Dad is a fighter as you all know and he is thankful for all the prayers that have been said on his behalf.  He has told us many times how much he loves everyone and he really appreciates all the love and support that he has received from everyone.  Thanks again!

7 comments:

  1. I am sorry to say that our fast sunday was last week, as we are having Stake Conference this week, but I will fast with you. Norm cannot fast but I know that he will do so in spirit.

    I too, am relieved to know that Doug is in good hands. I am sure they recognize the amazing people Doug and Kristie are, and love them nearly as much as we do!!! That is not hard to do.

    Please give them our love and tell them that we pray for them many times a day. I am going to put their names on the prayer rolls of as many temples as I can.

    We love you all and would love to be of any assistance we can be. Please let us know when Doug and Kristie are up to visitors.

    ReplyDelete
  2. P.S. We are holding things down at the temple, ready for them to come back!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. We'd be glad to fast for you and put your name on the temple roll today.

    Mark and Cindy Mitchell

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just found out from Francis about what is happening in your family. I am dedicating my fast to Doug and Kristie. I'm so sorry Doug is in such pain and pray that he will find relief from it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. We fasted for your family today and especially for your Dad. I put his name along with your Mom's in the temple yesterday when I went to work there. I just pray that he can get some relief from the pain. We love your family and pray for you all because some times it is harder on the family to watch their loved ones in pain then it is for the loved one. Tell your Dad to hang in there and be strong. Love you guys! Les and Judy Smith

    ReplyDelete
  6. Doug and Kristie,
    We have you in our prayers and hearts continually. You may need some interpretation for the elements of the poster that Ethan and Camden help make. Doug, if you behave yourself, Ethan may let you become a prince, and maybe even a king (not to make you jealous but as of tonight he has already granted that status to Jason).
    Love, Craig & Sandy

    ReplyDelete
  7. Doug and Kristie,

    I also put your names, along with your children on the prayer roll at the temple and was blessed to be able to fast in your behalf today and I am sure that the prayers will continue!

    Love,
    Amber

    ReplyDelete